Daily Bible Verse

Friday, April 3, 2020

Let Go and Let God

Image may contain: people sitting, possible text that says 'worry is like a rocking chair. it gives you something to do, but gets you nowhere. LOVE & PEACE 1S ALL WE NEED'


Thought for today:
A most gracious good morning to you beautiful kings and queens

Thomas Paine is quoted as saying "These are the times that tries men's souls" Every single day I am interacting with people whose mental health is extremely "triggered" by the uncertainty of the COVID pandemic..

If you know me, you'd know that there is a very small list of things that causes me to lose my "zen." I attribute this to two things; first and foremost my faith - I have been through some very life altering situations and they have only served to steel my belief. Second and on a more secular and worldly nature...I am a native NY'er...I am from Western NY , not NYC... one of the major cities of what's known as the "rust belt"... A city of migrants from the South and Immigrants form Europe...basically people who know what is is to be abounded and abased ...tough, scrappy people. My ancestry has survival in its DNA (Black, Native and Irish) combine this with my NY scrappy and it just serves as a mixture to cut to the chase and kills all the drama and noise..All this being said to share the message of this pic...

Brothers and sisters I challenge you to take this time to quiet your mind and focus on who and what matters in your life. I challenge you to focus on where your heart and passion is born..
I challenge you to reflect on these words:

Luke 12:25-31 (NIV)
25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. 1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Folks from me to you....let go and let God~ KB

No comments:

Post a Comment