Daily Bible Verse

Friday, April 24, 2020

The "NEW" Normal

Image may contain: text and nature

Thought for today:
Good morning fam,
I have been deep in thought these days....I am in the habit of NOT shooting from the lip, so it takes a minute to put my ruminations together before I share them with you... I will be sharing messages throughout the days to come as we go through and grow through this pandemic...
I don't know about y'all but I am sick and tired of hearing the phrase "the new normal." The phrase asks me to see my life as the "status quo", the old and boring, the staid and stagnant. I don't know about you but I am anything but...
I'm talking about this because we have embraced the word "normal" when the ONLY thing that is a constant in life is change.
Think about this, what we accept as "normal" IS stagnation!!!
Life is ever evolving, why aren't you?
Are you embraced as genuine and authentic, because you are or are you tolerated and dismissed with "that's just the way he/she is"?
Family, the "normal" we crave is relative. The "normal" we embrace" is rooted in comparison. Comparison is not of God! You are a unique work, called and appointed to a unique position. Have you asked yourselves about the prison bars of your "normal"
Sisters, does your normal mean sacrificing yourself esteem and self worth, living beneath your privilege to elevate someone who has no intentions of leveling up to their calling? Does your normal mean embracing getting thumped on like you signed on with Don King and humped up like a Barbary Coast "comfort wench"? Brothers , does your normal embrace a caricature of masculinity that is a toxic, macho cesspool with an undertow for all who come near? These examples may sound sexist and stereotypical but these are the embraced norms that imprison our souls and psyches.
Family does our normal incorporate projecting rather than embracing; blaming others because WE have failed to embrace our truths and we continue to live a life of comparison, measuring our success by reaching the expectations of others?
Family, allow me to be grammatically unsound for a moment to share this with you...
you ain't gots to believe what I believe...my wish for you is to live and feel the hope in these passages from the Bible

Divorce your knowledge of "normal" and live in the freedom of your truth ~ KB

Jeremiah 1:5 (NIV)
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 139:14 (NIV)
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

1 Peter 2:9 (ESV)
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light

No comments:

Post a Comment