Daily Bible Verse

Monday, April 13, 2020

Crime Watch - There is a thief in the neighborhood


Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'Our battle is not against flesh & blood, but against spiritual forces of evil in heavenly realms.'  Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'Aphesians 6: 10-12 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we de not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.'



I’ve been wanting to put this message in a video but unfortunately, I’ve been working from home several days a week and my ability to make videos has been limited because people are still sleeping and I don’t want my talking to disturb their rest. So, once again you are privy to one of my lengthy notes.
I want to take a second to do what I do…be real, raw and 100…
This shelter in place is a tough one for me…I’m an introvert by nature but let me say I am an introvert on MY terms not because I have to. I also need to say that my spirit is revitalized by being of service to people and social distancing redirects the energy of the exchange. The waning energy flow has been a strong feed for negativity and the spirit of depression.
I say the “spirit” because you don’t see or feel the weight of the “social distancing” until you’re in the throes of negativity or some other extreme behavior patterns.
I have been in battle with depression. I recognize it and I am doing all I can to do battle.
That being said allow me to direct your spirit to: Luke 4: 1-13 where a spirit presented itself to Jesus in an attempt to redirect him to a negative space.
4 And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness 2 for forty days, being tempted by the devil. And he ate nothing during those days. And when they were ended, he was hungry. 3 The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.” 4 And Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone.’” 5 And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, 6 and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. 7 If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours.” 8 And Jesus answered him, “It is written,
“‘You shall worship the Lord your God,
    and him only shall you serve.’”
9 And he took him to Jerusalem and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, 10 for it is written,
“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    to guard you,’
11 and
“‘On their hands they will bear you up,
    lest you strike your foot against a stone.’”
12 And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 13 And when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from him until an opportune time.

We ARE NOT experiencing anything new to mankind….
1 Peter 5:8-9 "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith." 

Ephesians 6:12  12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
We possess the tools to do battle:  Ephesians 6: 11-17 "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." 

Luke 10:19 “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” 

Keep your heads up….look up and live…. If you’re struggling reach out for help, call a prayer partner, do something to feed your soul!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment