Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Our Strong Tower March 29, 2016




Psalm 18:1-3     I love you, O Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
    my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
    and I am saved from my enemies.

Proverbs 18:10 (NIV)     The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

“Do you know how many types of tag games there are, Mom?” I heard a kid ask excitedly. He listed various types they’d played at school. I listened as he talked with his brothers about the different types, comparing rules, and the difficulty of each one.

I watched as he played and I thought about a portion of Psalm 18, which describes God as our fortress, our safe place. I thought how God is a refuge where we can go anytime. God is like the safe place in the middle of a game of tag. The simplicity of a kids game conveyed the message right away.
I stopped and prayed asking God to help him run to safety in God’s care whenever he needs it. I prayed silently for myself too, that I would be quicker to run to God instead of trying to deal with problems on my own.

God wants us to pray about our problems and ask for help. Even when bad things happen, we can always find refuge in God’s love. And we can proclaim, “I’m safe.”

Thought for today: Where do I run to when I feel unsafe?


No comments:

Post a Comment