Daily Bible Verse

Monday, March 28, 2016

Keep Flowing March 28, 2016





Amos 5:21-24    
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
    your assemblies are a stench to me.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
    I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
    I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
    I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
    righteousness like a never-failing stream!


Amos 5:24 (NIV)     Let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream!

I am learning that I cannot love God fully without loving my neighbor. I love them by sharing the good news of Jesus Christ’s death on the cross, praying for them, visiting them when they are sick, offering them shelter, and helping them in their hour of need.
The Lord did not call us to be stagnant but to allow our faith to flow outward like a stream. Jesus said, “Whoever believes in me, as scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them” (John 7:38). Water flows, the Spirit flows, love flows. Christ’s love can help us transform our world as we humbly serve others inside and outside our places of worship.


Thought for today: Is my stillness a time of reflection or a symptom of stagnation?

No comments:

Post a Comment