Daily Bible Verse

Friday, March 25, 2016

Gratitude for Answered Prayer March 25, 2016




Romans 12:11-13     11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV)     Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Recently, I have been praying daily for the big battles that I face. It occurred to me, however, that when my prayers are answered, I am not so steadfast in giving thanks as I am in my asking. I may thank God once or twice and move on to some other petition for others or for myself. I rarely recognize answers to prayers for the little things in my life.

The practice of persistent prayer has led me to persistent thanksgiving, and I am now trying to be faithful in thanking God for answered prayers, big or small.


Thought for today: Does my praise line up with my prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment