Daily Bible Verse

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Talking Is Telling October 19, 2019




Proverbs 10:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 Sin is not ended by multiplying words,
    but the prudent hold their tongues.

We are constantly filling our world with noise. If it is not the sound of our own voices, then turn up some other noise to fill the silence. With the proliferation of radio talk shows, we are even given the opportunity to sound off to that noise. Unfortunately, quite often we say things that are harmful, hurtful, or foolish. God's wisdom reminds us to learn to hold our tongue and let silence rule over more of our time rather than the noisy words that so often clutter our world.

Thought for today: Am I constantly talking or making noise to escape my own thoughts? Do I realize the more I talk the more apt I am to offend?

No comments:

Post a Comment