Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, March 14, 2019

To Know Him Is To Love Him March 14, 2019



Mark 3:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 He appointed twelve that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach


While there are many intriguing and fascinating thoughts in this short sentence, the one phrase that touches my heart is this one: "... that they might be with him ...." This reminds me of that great passage in Acts 4:13: "[T]hey recognized that they had been with Jesus." Now I know that we can't "be with" Jesus in the same way the twelve apostles were. But, we do have the four Gospels that tell his story. When was the last time you sat down and read one straight through? When was the last time you read a Gospel and asked Jesus to make himself and his will known you? Why not spend some time being with Jesus this week!

Thought for today: What do I really know about God? Do I devote time to get to know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment