Daily Bible Verse

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Prosperity Planning January 19, 2016





Jeremiah 29:11-14      “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.

Jeremiah the prophet speaks words of hope to the Israelites in exile. They must have wondered if God had forsaken them as they found themselves in captivity in a foreign country. Jeremiah told them that after
70 years were completed, He would come to them and fulfill His promise to return them to their homeland. We know from history that the Israelites returned to Jerusalem after 70 years, and they rebuilt their temple and restored their city. The Lord reminds His people through Jeremiah that He has a plan and purpose for them – plans that included a hope for the future. He knew that the Israelites would once again call on Him and He would hear their cry and deliver them.


Thought for today:  Does your questioning and doubt prevent you from seeing and acting on God’s plan?  Do you allow doubt to keep you imprisoned?

No comments:

Post a Comment