Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hope January 13, 2016



Psalm 33:16, 18-20     No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.

But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.

It’s hard to watch things grow old, loved ones namely. I watched my mom, who was my superman, slow down, memory not so sharp, failing eyes and limited mobility. I wish I could see her spy and multitasking again…it’s a hard thing to accept that I am limited in my ability to help.

I can’t make it all new but God can “he restoreth my soul” wrote the shepherd. He doesn’t cover up the old with a façade; he restores to new. He is the Master Builder. He will restore the vigor. He will restore the strength. He will restore the hope. He will restore the soul!


We were never promised that this world would be easy….yet, we can all look to the city that’s set on a hill, to the lights and hope that call us to eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment