Daily Bible Verse

Thursday, August 15, 2019

My Father August 15, 2019




Romans 8:15 New International Version (NIV)
15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”


God is so holy, so mighty, so awesome, and yet he bids us to call him "Abba Father." Abba was a term of endearment, familiarity, dependency, and love used by Jewish toddlers to address their fathers. God, through the incredible gift of his Holy Spirit in us, has given us this ultimate gift of availability, love, companionship, protection, and mighty care. Abba! Sweet Abba Father! My God, my LORD, the Sovereign ruler of heaven's armies and Creator of the universe is also my Abba!

Thought for today: Do I allow God to father me?

No comments:

Post a Comment