Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Opened Eyes & Heart January 19, 2019




Ephesians 1:17-20 New International Version (NIV)
17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,

I still don't understand resurrection. I get the concept. I believe God did raise Jesus. Every once in a while, I experience that power through the Spirit's work in my life strengthening me for ministry, helping me love others in tough situations, comforting me when I'm broken, giving me insight when I study the Word, and strengthening me in the face of temptation. I am humbled, thrilled, and left longing for more. I want others I love to experience this awesome power. I'm sure it's the same with you. So let's join together today, thousands of us all around world, and let's pray for God to empower those closest to us to discover his power and to do great things through his Spirit who lives in them.

Thought for today: What godly thing in my life can I resurrect?

No comments:

Post a Comment