Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Overcoming through Endurance February 6, 2015





John 16:28-33     28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Revelation 3:5 (KJV)     The Son of man said, “He that overcometh . . . shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will . . . confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”

The Bible tells us about many of God’s people who stood firm in the face of danger. When God told Abraham to move to an unknown land, Abraham obeyed (see Gen. 12), later becoming the father of a great nation. Joseph remained faithful to God through trial after trial and ended up in a position of power from which he could rescue his people. (See Gen. 37-47.) Rahab risked her life to hide Israelite spies (see Josh. 2-6) and became an ancestor of Christ. (See Matt. 1.) All had faith in God’s promises. Today, people continue to know God through these stories. All through the ages, God has been faithful. God walks with us in our struggles and provides all we need to endure.


Thought for today: can you stand and move in faith? Why/why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment