Daily Bible Verse

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Right Standing Not Self Righteousness November 20, 2019




Proverbs 11:20 New International Version (NIV)
20 The Lord detests those whose hearts are perverse,
    but he delights in those whose ways are blameless.

I am confident that the Lord will say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Why? Not because I'm perfect, but Jesus has forgiven and cleansed me and the Holy Spirit is working to perfect my behavior to match my standing before God. I don't know about you, but I am thankful to know that we can bring the LORD delight. Just like our children can bring us delight. Just like a good dessert can bring us delight. Just like a beautiful sunset enjoyed with someone we love brings us delight.

Thought for today: Do I know how to walk in faith and not abuse the grace that has been extended to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment