Daily Bible Verse

Friday, September 20, 2019

On Call September 19, 2019




1 Corinthians 9:19 New International Version (NIV)
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.

Grace frees us from the law of sin and death. But, our freedom is not to be used for rebellion or for self-gratification. Instead, we are to use our freedom redemptively, just as Jesus did (cf. Philippians 2:5-11). We can voluntarily limit that freedom to help others still caught in bondage to sin and false ideas about God. We can use the freedom of the Spirit to be transformed to be like Christ (2 Corinthians 3:17-18). Let's use our freedom to rejoice and to bless.

Thought for today: Do I make myself readily available to assist people?

No comments:

Post a Comment