Daily Bible Verse

Friday, June 14, 2019

God Be The Glory June 14, 2019




Galatians 6:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Do you have a basis for pride? What is your source of that pride? Paul reminds us that our one, true, and dependable source of boasting is boasting in what the Lord has done for us on the Cross. This one source of boasting has absolutely nothing to do with anything that we have done, attained, or accomplished on our own. All other reasons to boast are fleeting glimpses at hollow fame compared to the joy and assurance of sharing in Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Thought for today: Do I give praise and glory to God for my accomplishments or do I boast in the accolades?

No comments:

Post a Comment