Daily Bible Verse

Friday, August 14, 2015

Waiting For God To Answer August 14, 2015








Psalms 17:5-7     …My steps have held fast to Your paths. My feet have not slipped. I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech. Wondrously show Your loving kindness, O Savior of those who take refuge at Your right hand From those who rise up against them.…

Psalm 4:3     Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him.

Psalm 71:2     In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn your ear to me and save me.

Psalm 86:1     A prayer of David. Hear me, LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.

Psalm 86:7    When I am in distress, I call to you, because you answer me.


Yesterday we learned several reasons why a prayer may seem to go unanswered. Let’s consider more possibilities.

One is unconfessed sin. God promises to forgive us once we admit our action is wrong and turn away from it (1 John 1:9). But if our confession is mere lip service or we persist in ungodly ways, petitions won’t be granted. An unrepentant heart always hinders our prayer life.

What about those times when our heart is right and what we ask is in line with God’s will, but He remains silent? Sometimes He waits because our longing for Him is in danger of being replaced by our desire for something else. Certain petitions—such as a request for a spouse, a baby, or a loved one’s healing—generate strong emotions in us. Unless we are careful, these desires could divert our attention from God. He will not share first place with anyone or anything. So sometimes He patiently waits for our focus to return to Him before He answers.

At other times, God uses delays to prepare us for future service or greater blessing. He could be protecting us from consequences we fail to see, or He may want to strengthen our trust. Strong faith means believing Him even in trials, persevering while awaiting an answer, and being confident that He always keeps His promises.

Prayer is the communication link between us and our loving Father. Instead of letting “static” block His message to us, we must confess and turn from all known sin. Then we’ll be able to hear God’s voice and obediently carry out whatever He asks.


No comments:

Post a Comment