Daily Bible Verse

Friday, July 24, 2015

In Jail – July 24, 2015









Philippians 4:11     Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

2 Corinthians 9:8     And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

1 Timothy 6:6     But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:8     But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.

Hebrews 13:5     Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Are you in prison? You are if you feel better when you have more and worse when you have less. If happiness is one delivery away…you are in prison—the prison of want! That’s the bad news. The good news is, you have a visitor. Look across the visiting table at the psalmist, David. He whispers, I have a secret to tell you, the secret of satisfaction. “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” It’s as if David is saying what I have in God is greater than what I don’t have in life.

Contentment comes when we can honestly say with Paul, “I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have. I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty.” You think you and I could learn to say the same?


No comments:

Post a Comment